We are a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 13175787) under the name 2050cards Ltd; the address of our registered office is 14 Wilmot Place, London, NW1 9JP. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (reference number: A8923013).
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you access and move around 2050cards, register an Account with 2050cards or purchase a Product from 2050cards, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- billing addresses, email address and phone number;
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- User Content (for each card you order this is the text provided in the form fields: Personal Message and First Name);
- correspondence with and from 2050cards;
- your preferences about receiving communications from 2050cards;
- information about your use of 2050cards, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
- We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
When you sign up to 2050cards and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows 2050cards:
- to provide the 2050cards service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to create personalised ecards selected by you;
- to deliver your ecards to your mobile device (via WhatsApp) when ordering cards from the website;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to tailor aspects of 2050cards (including its search function and offers) to you;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (WhatsApp) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
- If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by 2050cards itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your 2050cards order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the Site or App, or contact our customer services team.
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order – to assist with the delivery process. We may use automatically collect anonymous information about your use of 2050cards. For example, we may automatically log which parts of 2050cards you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to 2050cards. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of 2050cards, and to help target aspects of 2050cards and advertising to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies
- Payment processing companies
- Fraud prevention companies
- Advertising and marketing services companies
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of 2050cards’ business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 2050cards, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by 2050cards about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our Site and App.
When you make a purchase or when we have important information to tell you about your account, you will receive service WhatsApp messages to keep you up to date.
If you have not logged into your account for 40 months, your personal details and any photos or other content will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (know as a Subject Access Request).
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request).
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate.
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances.
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing.
- To discuss any of these rights, please contact us via our contact page.
2050cards has designated a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email or by post at our registered office.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk.
Links to third party sites
Our Site or App may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our Site and App reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- Ensure no-one else uses 2050cards through your Account;
- Log off or exit from your 2050cards Account when not using it;
- Keep your password or other access information secret;
- Use different passwords for different services you use online;
- Ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 7 September 2022. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this Notice.